On March 29, the first ordinary meeting of the Municipal Commission for the Integrated Management of Rural Fires (CMGIFR) of Baião took place.
This is a new coordination body, of a deliberative nature, in charge of the operationalization of the Integrated Management System for Rural Fires at the Municipal level.
This body was created following a legislative change carried out at the end of 2021, in which the Municipal Commission for the Integrated Management of Rural Fires replaced the Municipal Commissions for the Defense of Forests against Fires.
This first meeting served to install the Commission and to introduce the members that comprise it. The operating regiment was also approved and a status report was made on the work to review the Municipal Plan for the Defense of the Forest Against Fire.
It was also the understanding of the Commission that, although the current legislation expressly does not provide for it, as it is a good practice from past years, the Municipal Operational Plan (POM) for 2022 should be approved by the CMGIFR.
A status report was also carried out regarding the implementation of structural prevention actions against rural fires for 2022, namely, with regard to the implementation of strips and mosaics of fuel management plots, carrying out Prescribed Fire (also called controlled fire ) and interventions to improve the forest road network.
A computer application was also presented, developed by the services of the municipality, which will serve as support for the members of the commission; this application will include all the information and documentation related to the matters dealt with in the meetings.
WHO PARTICIPATES IN THE MUNICIPAL COMMISSION FOR THE INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT OF RURAL FIRES
The Commission is composed by the Mayor (or legal substitute) who presides it, up to two representatives of the Parishes of the Municipality, appointed by the Municipal Assembly, a representative of the Institute for the Conservation of Nature and Forests and the Municipal Civil Protection Coordinator.
The body also includes a representative of the National Republican Guard, an element of the Command of the Volunteer Firefighters of Baião, an element of the Command of the Volunteer Firefighters of Santa Marinha do Zêzere, a representative of the Forestry Association of Entre Douro e Tâmega and a representative of the Directive Councils. of the “Baldios” de Teixeira and Teixeiró.
Other entities and personalities may integrate this body and participate in the discussion, namely in the areas of agriculture, forests, hunting, environment, energy, public services or infrastructure, whenever this proves necessary or appropriate depending on the matters to be dealt with.
JURISDICTION OF THE MUNICIPAL COMMISSION FOR THE INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT OF RURAL FIRES
– Articulate the performance of bodies and entities with a scope of intervention in the municipality and competences in terms of integrated management of rural fires;
– Approve the municipal implementation programme, after consultation with the territorially competent sub-regional integrated management of rural fires, to be promoted by the municipal council;
– Promote, monitor and monitor the development of actions included in the municipal execution program;
– Contribute to the preparation of the monitoring and evaluation report on the implementation of the sub-regional action program by the sub-regional commission for the integrated management of rural fires;
– Promote compliance with communication programs, in accordance with the national public communication strategy;
– Issuing an opinion regarding construction and expansion works, in the cases provided for in Decree-Law No. 82/2021, of 13 October.