A tap open for one minute can use up to 12 liters of water, enough to guarantee the daily basic needs of 1million Portuguese people.
Saving water is imperative for everyone’s future!
Regardless of whether it is water from the public network, boreholes, wells or springs, reduce consumption and make efficient use of water.
Some useful tips for a good use of water:
• Turn off the tap while brushing teeth or shaving;
• Turn off the shower faucet while soaping;
• Do not throw waste that should go to the trash in the toilet;
• Flush only when necessary;
• Use the shower water, while it is heating, for other uses, such as flushing the toilet, washing the floor, watering plants, etc.;
• Confirm that the faucets are well closed.
• When replacing washing machines, opt for appliances that consume less water;
• Do not wash dishes or clothes by hand with running water, using the covered washbasin or basin;
• Take advantage of the water from washing fruits and vegetables to water the plants;
• Water the plants in the hours of less heat due to evaporation;
• Avoid washing the car. If you really have to, don’t use a hose, which can consume up to 400 liters of water;
• Control water costs through monthly meter reading or water bill;